Friday, June 26, 2009

Daycare dramas

This week ended up being quite eventful for Karmann. Getting her shots on Monday only started the dramas. After her doctor's appointment, Kris took the afternoon off and watched Karmann at home. Typically the shots make her really tired and cranky. She fared pretty well during the day, but woke up around 4 am with a low fever of 99.4. After a little Tylenol and nursing her, she went right back to sleep until we had to get up to get ready for Tuesday. I gave her another dose at 8 am to take the edge off and she lasted all day at daycare. We had a decent night Tuesday night without any fevers, so I got her ready for school on Wednesday and didn't give her any Tylenol - and I actually accidentally left the bottle at home. So around noon, I got a phone call from the daycare saying Karmann was not herself. She wasn't eating, wasn't napping and was whining and moaning all morning. I think she pretty much felt like crap from the shots and not to mention her teething. So I rushed out to Publix (gotta love the one downtown!!) and got some Tylenol and headed to check on my baby girl. She was okay when I got there, but definitely groggy and not herself. As hard as it was, I felt she was going to be okay and I headed back to work. She did better that afternoon and was just fine that evening.
Thursday started out fine. I had an event that night to go to, so I wouldn't be home right after work. Kris called me around 4 pm when he picked her up (he didn't know where the car seat was) and said that she had a major blow-out at daycare and they had to give her a bath it was so bad! I guess I didn't realize it, but looking back on her status reports, she hadn't pooped since Monday! Poor thing! When I finally got home, I checked out her outfit and boy did she ever! They had rinsed it out, but you could still see how bad it was! Needless to say, she has been feeling much better since then. No dramas today, but I was lucky to be the one to pick her up tonight. She was a happy little girl as usual! We are looking forward to the weekend!

1 comment:

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

Hi Holly! Sarah directed me to your blog - and I've had fun going back to see the beginning - although I will have to make time to catch up on all your posts. It's funny how much our blogs mirror eachothers through the major developments and ages.
Karmann is ADORABLE!!