Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another quick update

Its Sunday night after a great weekend, so I just want to make a few notes and I promise I'll upload photos this week...Yesterday Max hit the 4 month mark! I'm not sure what he weighs, but its a lot. We will know for sure on Friday when he has his check up. We celebrated in Tampa this weekend, as Kris ran in the Gasparilla Half-marathon, (which was this morning). We headed over yesterday and stayed the night at Aunt Keri and Uncle Choy and Cousin Amara's house. Uncle Choy made an awesome spaghetti and meatball dinner and then we were all off to an early bed time. Kris had to be downtown at 5 am, so we let him go by himself. I was a little concerned it was even going to happen, as the wind was crazy and a line of storms came through, but it was all over before the race began - except for the wind. But he survived and finished by 8 am. So we were just getting up when he got back. I have to thank both K and M for sleeping fairly well all night. (Kris slept on the couch downstairs so his sleep would not be interrupted by a kick or a cry.)
After breakfast, we quickly made plans for the day. Keri, Amara, Karmann and I were to go see the movie "The Lorax" and Kris and Max were headed to the NY Yankees spring training game (Yankee's stadium was the closest and most convenient). It was Karmann's first movie ever in a theater! And Max's first spring training game! Milestones for both! Karmann did really well in the theater and she loved the movie. She was a little bored after about an hour, and told me she "didn't want to watch TV any more, mommy." But, when I held her, she was fine for the rest of the show. She really liked it and when asked what the movie was about she said, "a boy who had to plant a seed." I was impressed she caught that concept. It was a fun movie and fun to share it with Keri and Amara too.
Max and Kris also had a great day. They even ended up (barely) on the ESPN highlights when a home run went out just right next to where they were standing. Both of them survived the wind, though both had rosy cheeks and noses when we picked them up. I am hoping Max doesn't end up with a bunch of freckles from the sun, but it might be cute!
It was a quick weekend, but eventful and fun. Spring training has begun!! More to come....

No comments: