The first 3 months didn't seem that different. I didn't have morning sickness, though I can say I still didn't feel great. I had way too much going on to really think about it, but my food aversions were to coffee (which I would normally drink every day) as opposed to eggs, which I could not eat without throwing up with Karmann. (Speaking of which, Karmann actually ate scrambled eggs last weekend and liked them! I think that was the first time that I know of since she was born!) I can eat eggs with no problem this time. My attitude, though I am trying not to be, has been more cranky than I remember with Karmann. I have tried to stay positive and be a happy person, but for some reason, especially when I get to work, I am a crank! This trimester I am going to focus on happiness - I want this baby to have a positive aura and personality - just like Karmann!
As soon as week 16 came along, I definitely started to feel more "normal". However, my stomach has already surpassed by boobs and it is CLEAR that I am prego to everyone I know and all strangers that give me the look. I've been greeting many people lately in meetings just by saying "Hi, My name is Holly, and yes, I am pregnant." Might as well not keep them guessing or staring.
Similarities start with the exhaustion. I definitely am way tired. And would rather lay down than just sit down. Kris even had the guts to even say to me "why don't you just sit in stead of laying down all the time." I had to pause and not attack him like a wild bear with a claw across his face (there goes the crankiness!) and explain - again - that I am freaking 4 + months pregnant, which he has admitted that at times, he forgets. Sorry honey, but I don't forget. And if I feel like laying down, nothing, and I mean nothing, is going to stop me.
Another similarity (if I remember correctly) is the pace of my weight gain. I think I am gaining about a pound a week. I am thinner now than I was before, so maybe because I am still fitting into my previous maternity clothes, it hasn't bothered me yet. I'm also not exercising like I should be, though I have a flight of stairs at home now that I have to climb - so that counts, right? Oh, and a 2 + year old toddler to chase around too.
But, time does seem like it is going much faster than last time. I haven't even taken "belly" photos on a monthly basis, and I'm almost half way there already! The true reason is that I haven't had my hair cut or colored in a LONG while and I feel like I really do have the pregnant look, so I don't want my photo taken...I'll get over it soon enough - especially now that I am feeling much better.
Well, I think that's about all I can think of at the moment. I'll have to go back and read the blog to see if there is anything else that I don't remember. Oh - that's another thing - I keep forgetting things - and I do remember that to be the case last time as well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment