Saturday, December 6, 2008

38 week update



As I left work this Friday, I came upon the updated poster in the hallway at City Hall. I forgot to mention a while back that I was honored as one of the City's Outstanding Employee of the Quarter, which apparently gets you priority parking (though I haven't received a pass yet), and your photo on the wall at City Hall. I'm three people to the left of the lady in green. Anyway, had to take a picture and share!
On another note, below are photos of our most recent big purchase!!
Photo from the rear looking toward the front...
Photo from the front looking to the rear...
Yes, there are two HUGE live oak trees on the property that we are trying to design around, which is making things a little tricky. But, we are looking forward to building our future home here. I can say that we are getting closer to a design we both agree on, now for seeing if the budget will afford it! Wish us luck!
Even though I am almost to week 39, here's a quick update of week 38...no change! I visited my doc on Tuesday and though my belly is much harder this week and I have a lot more pressure down low, I actually did not gain any weight and haven't dialated more than 1.5 - 2 cm. My blood pressure is normal, too. So HOPEFULLY this tuesday I will see some progress. Kris and I took a good walk this morning up to our friend's house to watch the OUC half marathon, and the walk made me feel pretty good! I do think today I felt a little bit of what might be the start of contractions. Doc said it will begin to feel like cramps, and that's about what I felt, so maybe something is going on. One thing for sure is my belly is getting bigger. Here's the latest belly picture from last Tuesday (38 wks) and then I hope to fill you in on week 39 on Tuesday!

No comments: