Sunday, November 9, 2008

Update at 35 weeks

So its only been 3 weeks since my last photo, and I'll probably do this on a weekly basis until the baby comes, but as you can tell, beside my hair needing to be cut, my face is fuller, and my pants are a little tighter, too! I visit the doctor on Tuesday, and I am guessing that i may hit the 30 lb. mark!! Its been harder to get around and the pain just under my belly is making standing up and stitting down more and more uncomfortable. So needless to say, I haven't done much lately. I actually got up early this morning because probably for the first time in my life, I was uncomfortable in my bed! For those of you that know me well, you are probably shocked - I was too! 
This weekend was all about baby! It started out Friday at work when my wonderfully supportive coworkers threw me a suprize baby shower! They planned it well because I was shocked when I thought I was going into a meeting and opened the door with the whole office and more there!! It was a great time and I will post the photos as soon as I can to share with everyone. 
Then, yesterday, Kris and I attended an all-day crash course for Lamas - which actually had nothing to do with the breathing, though we did get a CD to practice with at home. Instead, it was a class on the birthing process and everything to do with what could happen from the moment you go into labor to the moment you go home with child in arms. It was taught by a male nurse, Ron, who is the only male birthing nurse at Winnie Palmer. He was really great and I think Kris actually listened more closely since the information was coming from a man. Plus, Ron really emphasized the male role in the process (like massaging and doing anything I tell him to) which I greatly appreciated as well. So, it was well worth our time and money. It also emphasized a few things we still need to hurry up and take care of - like pack a bag and get a carseat!! We were the only ones in the class that hadn't purchased the carseat yet, and we were one of three couples that were the farthest along in the pregnancy! Needless to say, we'll be taking care of that this week! 
Finally, today, we pre-registered at Winter Park Hospital, where we will actually be having the baby, and attended a group tour of the facility to see where its all going to play out. My dad came along so he knew where to go when he got the call. I think he is getting excited too!
Well, after all that, I am ready to head to bed early tonight. More going on this week, so I'll try too keep the blog updated! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! He taught our llamas class too - when Amelia was on the way out! You're almost there. :^)